Your Credit Union History
Rockdale Federal Credit Union is a multi-service financial co-operative formally organized on January 20th, 1970. The approval of organization certificate was completed and administered by oath from Mr. Cal Phelps, Bureau of Federal Credit Union Examiner to C. E. Magee Jr., Ben Ford, J. D. Maines, Nolin Werchan, Clyde L. Paceley, Thomas E. Alford, H. E. Rowland, Jack L. Crane and D. M. Nystrom. Initial organization of Rockdale Works Federal Credit Union helped to provide a financial organization for the employees of the Aluminum Company of America Rockdale Works Plant and the employees of the wholly subsidiary Rockdale Sandow and Southern Railroad. The approval of Federal Credit Union Charter Number 19926 on January 27th, 1970 allowed for the Credit Union to help promote financial services and security for its membership.
Since original organization, Rockdale Works Federal Credit Union is now Rockdale Federal Credit Union (RFCU). RFCU has grown to over $55,000,000 in assets and serves over 8,900 member/owners. RFCU has convenient full service locations in Rockdale and Thorndale.
In March, 2006, RFCU began construction on a new facility in Rockdale at 1821 W. Cameron to replace the existing RFCU facility at 1525 W. Cameron. The construction process was completed as scheduled and the new Rockdale facility opened on January 16th, 2008. Highlights of the new facility include: up front parking, drive up ATM access, more drive thru lanes, member interaction videos in the drive thru lanes, safe deposit boxes, easy entry and exit flow and more lobby space for our members.
The field of membership of this credit union shall be limited to those having the following common bonds:
- employees of the ALCOA, Inc., Rockdale Works, and of the Rockdale-Sandow and Southern Railroad, who work in or are supervised from Milam County, Texas;
- employees of Luminant Energy and/or Luminant Mining who work in or are supervised from Milam County, Texas;
- employees of the Rockdale Independent School District who work in Rockdale, Texas;
- employees of the City of Rockdale;
- employees of the Rockdale Reporter who work in Rockdale, Texas;
- members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union #2078 in Rockdale, Texas who qualify for membership in accordance with its constitution and bylaws as of November 19, 1993;
- employees of this credit union;
- persons retired as pensioners or annuitants under private pension plans provided for the above employee groups;
- persons who live, work, worship or attend school in, and businesses and other legal entities located in Milam County, Texas;
- spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union;
- members of their immediate families; and
- organizations of such persons.
|Office locations:||1821 W. Cameron in Rockdale, Texas
600 Hwy. 79 West in Thorndale, Texas.
|ATM locations:||1821 W. Cameron in Rockdale, Texas
600 Hwy. 79 West in Thorndale, Texas
|Consumer Loans||Seniors Gold Club||IRA'S|
|Savings/Checking||Certificates of Deposit||Money Market|
|Electronic Transfers||Debit/ATM Cards||Direct Deposit|
|Ach Origination||Mastercards||HFS - "Home Banking"|
|Official Checks||Money Orders||Paytraxx Bill Pay|
*RFCU services are subject to standard RFCU policy and guidelines. RFCU Board of Directors are elected to 3 year terms representing the membership and elected by the membership at the Annual Meeting of the Membership. Terms are elected on a 3 year alternating basis which allows for no more than 3 directors elected each year unless there are unexpired terms to be elected. The Board consists of a total of seven board members with Board meetings held monthly. The RFCU Supervisory Committee is appointed by the Board annually to oversee credit union operations as an independent committee.
Current RFCU Board of Directors include: Fred Marshall, Chair; Lon Williams, Vice-Chair; L. C. Richards, Secretary-Treasury; Pamela Warren, Boyd Taylor, Albert Jones and Debra Jackson.
Supervisory Committee members include: Beverly Head, Chair, Mary Morgan,Earnesteen Smith and Donna Diver .
To all RFCU member/owners and those eligible persons considering membership, thank you for your support of Rockdale Federal Credit Union and being part of the continued history of your credit union. We appreciate you!